Saturday, December 4, 2010

Blog Name Change

Famous early astronomer Johann Kepler said about his research, "I was merely thinking God's thoughts after him. Since we astronomers are priests of the highest God in regard to the book of nature, it befits us to be thoughtful, not of the glory of our minds, but rather, above all else, of the glory of God."1 I have attempted to make this my goal in composing this blog. I feel I have learned much by posting and discussing things here, along with my personal reading in philosophy, theology, and apologetics. I hope to continue this with a new blog name that reflects Kepler's goal in thinking God's thoughts after him and have purchased a new domain name, thinkinggodsthoughts.com. I hope to attract more visitors and continue my learning process and hopefully help others come to think our Lord's thoughts as well.

1 Madison, Henry. Men of science, men of God: great scientists who believed the Bible. Master Books, 1982. 11-12. Print.

10 comments:

The Seeking Disciple said...

Excellent. I look forward to the changes. I enjoy your blog.

William Watson Birch said...

Nice!!! I'm lovin' it.

Godismyjudge said...

Nice change! That was Van Til's catch phrase to, no?

God be with you,
Dan

bossmanham said...

I hope I don't make anyone think that I'm a presuppositionalist.

Marcus McElhaney said...

Brennon, I really enjoy your blog and I know God uses it and blesses myself and many others through your ministry. I'll keep praying for you and please keep the great content coming. I like the name change.

Godismyjudge said...

Hi Brennon,

I hope I don't make anyone think that I'm a presuppositionalist.

I doubt that, it's an obsure reference, I think. Your style seems more like WLC to me.

God be with you,
Dan

Tony-Allen said...

I hope I don't make anyone think that I'm a presuppositionalist.

Not that that's a bad thing. :P

(And before any one trolls or jumps to conclusions, I like both presuppositionalist and evidentialist arguments).

bossmanham said...

Tony,

I also think presuppositionalism has immense potential, but it's only really effective when wedded to classical apologetics. It is important in elucidating the epistemic underpinnings of people's worldview. I think it is very helpful, but some presuppositionalists can be pretty dogmatic about it and say you're vain or proud for even thinking of using proofs for God's existence.

Kevin Jackson said...

Cool, I like the name change.

bossmanham said...

Thanks, Kevin. Sorry bout your Broncos.