Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Change Looks Like Crap


Upon the passage of his Health Care bill in the House of Representatives, President Barack Hussein Obamuhh stated proudly, "This is what change looks like"1.

Well, if "change" looks like:

  • Purely partisan votes that clearly go against mass public sentiment
  • Back-room deals and arm twisting
  • No transparency
  • Passing 2000 + page bills which no one knows what is in them
  • Making changes that dramatically affect each and every American, stripping at least 20 of their personal liberties2
  • Blatantly ignoring your constituents
  • Etc.
Then I'm not gonna lie. Change is pretty crappy.



1 Kevin Gosztola, Passed Health Reform Really Is "What Change Looks Like", http://www.opednews.com/articles/Passed-Health-Reform-Reall-by-Kevin-Gosztola-100322-584.html (2010).

2 David Hogberg, 20 Ways ObamaCare Will Take Away Our Freedoms, http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index.php/home/35-politicsinvesting/1563-20-ways-obamacare-will-take-away-our-freedoms (2010).

11 comments:

Darren said...

Awww man... I was going to subscribe to your blog, then I saw you were an arminian ;-)

John 15:16
16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you.

God Bless you my brother.

The Seeking Disciple said...

The bottom line is this: Government is not the answer to our problems but rather it is our problem! Let us be free or die!

bossmanham said...

Darren,

Thanks for stopping by. As an Arminian, I think the government should leave us to our free will (haha). Please feel free to join. Even though we may disagree, I would be happy to have you adding to the discussion.

(BTW, Jesus is speaking to His disciples there ;))

Darren said...

I know Jesus was speaking to his disciples! I am one of Jesus' disciples, arent you?

bossmanham said...

Darren,

Yes, but you can't take something said to the twelve and apply it to all believers.

Darren said...

Actually Brennon I am going to 100% disagree. All believers should take every word Jesus said & apply it to their own lives. This is why Arminianism is so easy to refute
;-)

drwayman said...

Darren said, "All believers should take every word Jesus said & apply it to their own lives."

John 13:27 Jesus said to Judas, ""What you are about to do, do quickly," I'm not applying those words of Jesus to my life. I have no desire to betray my LORD.

Darren said...

Hey Doc! But you are taking what Jesus said to Judas & applying it to your life by not betraying him!

God Bless!

drwayman said...

Darren - That is actually a misapplication not an application. Like if a person had an abusive mother, then that person would know what not to do to be a good parent.

If you would modify your statement to "All believers should take ALMOST every word Jesus said & apply it to their own lives" then it would be a more reasonable statement as not every word He spoke is to be applied to all believers as I have effectively demonstrated.

In Matthew 8:32, Jesus said, "go" in reference to demons entering swine and drowning. Surely, Jesus would not want believers to enter pigs and drown.

bossmanham said...

Basically we have to consider the context when exegeting scripture. If Jesus didn't mean for a statement to apply to all people but only to the twelve, we have to take it that way.

Skarlet said...

This post reminds me of a humorous, yet profound, bumper sticker I saw recently:

"I'll keep my freedom, guns, and money. You can keep the 'change.'"