Upon the passage of his Health Care bill in the House of Representatives, President Barack Hussein Obamuhh stated proudly, "This is what change looks like"1.
Well, if "change" looks like:
- Purely partisan votes that clearly go against mass public sentiment
- Back-room deals and arm twisting
- No transparency
- Passing 2000 + page bills which no one knows what is in them
- Making changes that dramatically affect each and every American, stripping at least 20 of their personal liberties2
- Blatantly ignoring your constituents
Then I'm not gonna lie. Change is pretty crappy.
1 Kevin Gosztola, Passed Health Reform Really Is "What Change Looks Like", http://www.opednews.com/articles/Passed-Health-Reform-Reall-by-Kevin-Gosztola-100322-584.html (2010).
2 David Hogberg, 20 Ways ObamaCare Will Take Away Our Freedoms, http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index.php/home/35-politicsinvesting/1563-20-ways-obamacare-will-take-away-our-freedoms (2010).