Saturday, November 22, 2008

God's word is inerrant

I like how RC Sproul put it when he was fighting for the teaching of inerrancy at a seminary. A colleague asked him why inerrancy was so important to him, what his motive was for pushing so hard for it. RC looked at him and said (paraphrase), "If I were going to give up my belief in inerrancy, it would be with tears, not a cavalier, jovial attitude."

The Bible IS inerrant and IS infallible and IS reliable. Modern liberalism says pish-posh to that and even in conservative circles about the best you get is, "oh, well it's certainly 'authoritative.'" Yeah, because it's INERRANT.

The Bible says it about itself in 2 Timothy 3:16. If you think the New Testament is scripture, then Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was writing about the New Testament as well. The book of 2 Timothy included. Key words, "GOD BREATHED." Otherwise, on what basis is the Bible authoritative?

You can keep your theological liberalism, I rest on the Word of God.

And kitten kitten, or whatever you call yourself, because I've forgotten since I deleted your comment. Anonymous filthy comments are kind of silly, especially when it comes to political satire. I'll be praying for you, my friend. I urge you to read other posts of mine and visit the blogs I link to over on the right.

God bless.

No comments: